To be the foremost contemporary dance theatre in the Asia-Pacific region.
To be the foremost contemporary dance theatre through presentation of works with a distinctive Singaporean identity, alongside excellence in artistic management and strong production values.
1999 • Founding of Odyssey Dance Theatre (ODT)
2000 • ODT’s first mainhouse “Odyssey to the Sublime” at Jubilee Hall, Raffles Hotel
2001 • Seagate International, Patron of the Arts for ODT in 2001, commissioned three mainhouse seasons – “X-Treme 2”, “The White Sensation” & “Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta”
2002 • Commissioned by The Esplanade to perform “The White Sensation” at Esplanade Theatre.
2003 • Establishment of ODT Young Company
• Co-presented with Singapore Art Museum to premiere “Passion.Love”- ODT’s first outdoor mainhouse production
2005 • International collaboration and performance of “Synesthesia” by ODT and Seo Dong Hyun Dance Company with 14 international artists performing at Singapore Indoor Stadium.
2006 • ODT’s Artistic Director Dr Danny Tan was commissioned by the Singapore Arts Festival to produce “Providence” for its choreographic dance platform – “Forward Moves”
2007 • ODT Young Company’s first mainhouse season “Dance on the Move” at Lee Foundation Theatre
2009 • ODT celebrated its 10th anniversary with ‘Red Tears’, a uniquely Singaporean production that investigated the 400 years old Teochew Opera with Contemporary Dance
2011 • ODT celebrated its young company’s 10th anniversary with “Soaring Odyssey”
• ODT’s second generation of Singaporean choreographers had ventured their choreographic skills since 2008, producing many refreshing and dynamic works, such as “Silent Connexion” that have toured internationally.
2013 • First full-length performance by ODT’s second generation of Singaporean choreographers with full Singaporean casts – “The Art of Faking”
2014 • Commissioned by the Singapore Biennale 2013 to present a site-specific work - “As We Live…” at Singapore Art Museum
• Finale of the 6th DanzINC Festival – “Moments” was held in partnership with The Embassy of the Republic of Korea, and in association with the Korea Festival 2014. Performed by ODT Main Company with live music & vocal accompaniment by 10 ODT Associate Artistes (Music). (University Cultural Centre Hall)
2015 • ‘Wow! Merlion’ was graced by Minister Grace Fu during at Victoria Theatre
2016 • Supported by The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Singapore for the third time, Dr Danny Tan’s full-length work “I Am Sorry!” was successfully premiered at UCC Hall as the finale of DanzINC festival,in conjunction with Korea Festival 2016.
2017 • Cultural Diplomacy (9th Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta 2017) - ODT completed a 6-city tour in Italy, in partnership with 10 Italian dance companies.
• World premiere of "Are We?" at Victoria Theatre as the opening of 9th Xposition 'O' Contemporary Dance Fiesta. Guests of Honour: Ms Paula Parviainen (Former Ambassador, Embassy of Finland), Mr Raffaele Langella (Ambassador, Embassy of the Republic of Italy) & Mr Sim Gim Guan (CEO, National Council of Social Service).
2018 • Performed in “Little Match Girl” during Keppel Charity Golf & Gala Dinner 2018. Guest of Honour: Mr Heng Swee Keat (Minister for Finance).
• Premiered “Rain or Shine?” after its Bulgarian residency as the finale of DanzINC Festival 2018.
2019 • Premiered full-length work “Lost or Found?” at P. E. T Series after its excerpt performance in Seattle International Dance Festival (Winter Edition).
• “Radiance” was commissioned and performed at St Regis Hotel for Avita Celergen’s 10thAnniversary.
• “Start or Stop?” had its world premiere in Vietnam under Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Festival (Vietnam). It was also performed for “Cultural Diplomacy Gala”, closing event of 10th Biennial Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta in Singapore.